Support for Instructors
The questions most frequently asked by instructors are listed below. If you can't find the answers to your questions below, you can contact us using the information to the right.
Faculty Advisors: Connect with MasteringBiology Faculty Advisors, experienced MasteringBiology users who are available for peer-to-peer consultation on using the program effectively.
User Guide: Our new Instructor User Guide is designed to be a helpful resource as you navigate through your course.
These tours demonstrate Mastering basics for instructors. Students may also want to view
- Where can I get a short video introduction to using Mastering?
- How do I locate Getting Started, training and help?
- What new features are in the release, and how do I find out about them?
- Can I get a student access code as well as my instructor code?
- How do I copy a course from Mastering to Mastering New Design??
- How can I reset a student's grade and allow the student to do the assignment again?
- How do I give one or more students an extension or change a grade?
- Why can't students see my assignments, even when I have extended the due date? Can I make an assignment available to only one student?
- Why can't my students submit answers?
- My students are having display issues (for example, can't submit some answers or see hints).
- How can I learn more about the grading options?
(See also the video)
- I don't charge a penalty for using hints, but my students are charged a wrong-answer penalty. Why?
- My student says that they did work in an assignment, but Mastering "lost" it. Is this possible? How can I check the student's work?
- How can I report an issue? What information do you need?
- What happens when an item is republished during a current assignment?
- How do I select content in Mastering?
- How do I create content in Mastering? See the following videos and answers: